Saturday, October 1, 2011

Entry 7

                 
Reflection on Writing Skills



     The information given in class has been very useful because it has improved my annotating and summarizing skills, as far as significant idea to thesis is concerned, has helped me a lot since it’s much easier to get ideas but specially, saves time.

     I have noticed the improvement of my writing when I have to collect my ideas and put it together which is really satisfactory because I always take too long in the introduction of an essay.

     Despite of my improvement on summarizing, I’m still confused because I don’t know how much information I am suppose to write in the introduction or how I should add my opinion. On the other side,  I also think that my main problem is my lack of vocabulary that makes me spend a lot of time to figure out the right words. Therefore, I have been reading a lot, and I know that has nothing to do with what we have been seeing in class, but it is just part of my reflection.

     I feel a bit more confident on my writing skills than before, but I know that I still have to work on it.

    
                                

1 comment:

  1. The more you read and really think about what choices the author makes (words, overall order) the better your writing will become.

    ReplyDelete