Monday, October 10, 2011

Blog Entry 9

The Perfect World



      I believe that in the movie “Truman Show”, Cristoff, the TV producer, creates the perfect world, and tries to give the perfect life Truman just as any father would do for his son. Some parents think that if they give everything their kids need, it would be the best for them. Parents always want to raise their kids in a good environment and far away from gangs, drugs or anything that can hurt them so their children would grow, graduate, find a good job and get married which equals a “perfect life.”For example, me at the age of 8 and as the youngest of six siblings, I was very spoiled that my parents almost didn’t let me do anything on my own. One day that I was about to cut an orange in half, and my mom came from somewhere and said not use the knife or I could hurt myself. Then my sister who was there asked to my mom, don’t you think that the Sleeping Beauty wouldn’t have hurt by needle, if their parents had thought her how to use it? My mom just nodded and from that moment and on she thought me to be independent. However, my parents always were very overprotective, especially my dad who besides everything was very traditional. He wanted me to graduate as secretary or accountant, and I had to live with them until I get civil marriage and in the church with a lawyer or sort of it, so that I would have a “perfect life.” It seems that it would be perfect for parents to create a world for their children out of bad people or anything that can hurt them and including thousands of cameras, so they can watch any moment their babies need them just like Cristoff did with Truman and just like my parents would have wished.

No comments:

Post a Comment