Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Blog Entry 15

                      



Manufactured Demand





          The myth “Plastic bottles are recyclable and are being made with thinner plastics making them increasingly GREEN” mentioned in The Bottle of Water Story, is one of the most famous one because people feel less guilty about the environment  when they dispose the bottle in a “green” trashcan. However, they ignore that the waste of bottles of water a day equal five laps around the globe. Also mostly of the waste of bottles are burned which produce the most dangerous dioxins that exist in the planet. Moreover, the very low percentage of the recycling bottles “is actually down cycling” that means the products made by this recycling plastic are lower quality and required virgin plastic and more toxins. On the other hand if it were true that they recycle the bottles, nobody has showed a product made of recycle bottles. I’ve seen some products that says “made of recycle paper” but not from recycle bottles or plastic at least.

     I have learned that media really influences people and I have the tools to promote “NO BOTTLE OF WATER” For example, all my friends, and I believe everyone has Facebook, so I can do is to post the video on it but constantly. In addition, I have contact with people at work and some of them work at very public places, so they can spread it. Also I have noticed that New York people complain a lot especially about money, so I can introduce the suggestion of a refill bottle of water. Lastly, the most important to be an example because people easily believed not only when they hear it but when they see that is true.


No comments:

Post a Comment